The Sweet Shop
The Ultimate Gift Shop
The After 26 Depot
Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
201 N. Mitchell St.
Area Events throughout the Year
| November 28
Toy Town ‘Toy Trot 5k’ for Toys for Tots
Small Business Saturday Downtown Cadillac
- 9am the 5k race starts, City Park, on Lake Street, following route on northside of Lake Cadillac and back. Wear your best Santa, elf, reindeer or ugly sweater clothes, win trophies, raise money for Toys for Tots, and have fun. Register on-line.
- Stores will have holiday music, refreshments & sales from 10am – 5pm
- the High School Band & Strings will be on site to play Christmas music
- Santa will be downtown from 11-3pm, listening to wishes & giving away prizes
- Lovers of Downtown: Vote on the UGLY Holiday Sweater Contest & participate in a Scavenger Hunt to win prizes, customers will be able to start at 10am, get their scavenger hunt forms at all DCA member locations, $300 in cash prizes awarded at 3pm
- Nov 25, Wednesday: Enter your employees into their own UGLY Holiday Sweater Contest (need 5+ businesses to participate), 3-5 community member judges will come around on November 25 (between 9-3pm) to judge your employees as a group… SO WHO HAS the UGLIEST SWEATERS downtown? As a member you are automatically signed-up for this contest. Winning business will receive a Pizza Lunch party (TBD) & trophy awarded by 4pm to prominently display over the weekend in their front window!!
- Nov 28, Saturday: Enter the UGLY Holiday Sweater Scavenger Hunt & Contest, where customers will count the number of employees in Ugly Sweaters (enter it into the form) in your store & also rate your group 1-5 for a BEST Holiday Sweater - team, and also for best Holiday Sweater - employee, retailer & employee with most votes wins trophies to display in their store & employee wins $50 cash.
- DCA Members will compete for ‘Best Christmas Window & storefront’ $200 cash prize to business & trophy, winner announced by 4pm Saturday. Voting Criteria: lights, color, theme, originality, sound, embellishments. Let’s make it FUN and FESTIVE downtown!!
Cadillac Holiday Home Tour, presented by the Cadillac Garden Club, http://www.cadillacgardenclub.org/
- 10am – 3pm, Teams of garden club members will for the 15th year in a row present 4 local homes and decorate with floral arrangements, evergreen swags and boughs, and exotic flowers for porches, entryways, family rooms, dining rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, outdoor views, and even mudrooms. See tickets & locations at Brinks Art & Framing, downtown.
| Santa at Simply Delightful Downtown
- Sunday, December 13th, from 1-3pm
- Sunday, December 20th, from 1-3pm
December 4-5, 11-12, 18-19
‘Jingle All The Way Days’ organized by Cadillac Area Artists’ Association
4th Annual Holiday Art Sale, 113 North Mitchell, Open Fridays 1-7 & Saturdays 10-5:30 Items: Paintings, Drawings, Quilts, Fiber Arts, Jewelry, Pottery, Baskets, in all price ranges.
Downtown Stores Open On Fridays until 7pm
Ultimate Holiday Gift Basket Giveaway – Donations by stores – Drawing on December 21 – Entry at all participating stores.
2016 event dates and information will be posted at the first of the year, please use this information below as annual reference to the upcoming events, with dates over the same general weekend every year... Stay tuned...
ArtWalk & Meet the Artist
May 1 - June 7, 2015
9th Annual ArtWalk
“Pure Michigan listed ArtWalk in their Top 10 Artsy Spots to Visit!"
Art is Blooming in Downtown Cadillac. Various Cadillac Area Artists are showcasing their talents in Downtown Cadillac Businesses. Art will be on display from May 1 - June 7 in downtown stores. ‘Meet the Artist' on May 16th, from 10am - 4pm throughout Downtown Cadillac stores - artists on-site and in the stores to meet, discuss and sell their art. The Art Walk is two weeks of art in Downtown Cadillac that will surely tantalize your art taste buds: watercolor • acrylic & oil paintings • mix media • glass etching • wood carvings • music • literature • fabrics and more • Snacks and refreshments • Artwork on display starting the first weekend in May!
ArtWalk Map - 2015 map click here
Meet the Artists - This Year's Artists, Where they were, How to Contact Them and more.
2015 Artists Application (deadline for Artists Applications is April 17)
Please call 231-775-0657 or email@example.com if you are interested in sponsoring the event or an artist.
|For Immediate Release: May 8, 2015
Cadillac, Michigan. Downtown Cadillac Association is proud to announce their 2015 line-up of area artists for the ArtWalk now thru June 7. Some of the artists have been in the ArtWalk for a couple of years, and we have 5 artists making their FIRST debut in a public display.
‘this is the 9th year for the ArtWalk, and we are offering a great selection of area artists, and some new artists to watch,’ says Joy VanDrie, ArtWalk Co-Chair, Downtown Cadillac Association, ‘during Meet the Artist, May 16, the artist will have an opportunity to win $200 and 4 customers who take the full ArtWalk will win $25 vouchers – this is NEW to the ArtWalk – we are very excited!’
Contest Information: We will have entry forms at ArtWalk ‘Meet the Artist’, host locations only, the forms will have the list of artists/hosts, space for ‘favorite artist’ and entrants name/contact information. Prizes: $200 to the favorite artist, 4- $25 ArtWalk vouchers to customers. During ‘Meet the Artist’ the contest will end at 4pm and winners announced by 4pm Sunday, May 17 on our facebook page.
For additional information go to www.facebook.com/artwalkcadillac
2015 Artists & Locations
|Artist: Kris Ritter
Location: The Sweet Shop
Medium: Oils, Watercolors, Pen & Ink
Artist: Chris Fisher
Location: Patterson’s Flowers
Medium: Artisan Beads & Jewelry
Artist: Richard Lentini
Location: Blue Bench
Medium: Pencil drawings, oil studies
Artist: Susan Race *
Medium: Bead Weaving
Artist: Renee Tolgo *
Location: Ultimate Gifts
Medium: Stained Glass
Artist: Eric Vanhaitsma *
Location: Brinks Framing & Art
|Artist: Merri Ann Baker *
Location: Brinks Framing & Art
Medium: Driftwood Jewelry & Art
Artist: Scott Buckmaster
Location: Atomic Closet
Medium: Pencil & Acrylic
Artist: Randy Stoll *
Location: Horizon Books
Medium: Pen & Watercolor
Artist: Jodi Bollman
Artist: Charles Bidleman *
Location: Saturn Gems
| Memorial Day Weekend in Cadillac
Rotary Strive for Stride 5k on Memorial Day
Memorial Day Ceremony & Parade - May 26
- Rotary Club and Dynamic Physical Therapy Partner up for this event.Over 1,000 walkers, runners and ‘Girls on the Run' participate every year.
- Go to www.cadillacrotaryclub.org for more information.
Organized by Cadillac area Veterans Associations, please see www.cadillacmichigan.com calendar for parade details.
Added in 2012 is a salute to all area Veteran’s you are invited to come walk in the parade, line-up starts in the City Park at 9am.
| July with Cadillac Freedom Festival - July 4-7
Celebrate our freedom all weekend, see line-up of events and times at Freedom Festival.
The Downtown Cadillac Association is presenting the Fire on Water Military Tribute this year. Tribute forms will be available in downtown member businesses mid June. The Tribute forms fuel the Fire on Water as we pay tribute with three floating bonfires, one for veterans past service & sacrifice, one for current military serving and one for peace and protection for the future. With each bonfire lighting, a peaceful flying lantern is ignited and lost into the night. This is a peaceful tribute along the water front on Lake Cadillac, we invite and encourage all area veterans to partake, and we fully encourage area residents to attend in military silence. We have a tribute ceremony planned that will begin at 10pm, with the bonfires being lit at dusk. Attendees are encouraged to sit peacefully along the area we will enjoy our celebration fireworks the following evening. This ceremony will remind you of ‘what’ and ‘why’ we are celebrating over Independence Day and ensure that our military know that we support them.
A Fire on Water Bonfire vessel will be displayed at the intersection of Mason and Mitchell, one along the Lake Cadillac City Park Shoreline and one at the Cadillac Sands for up to 3 weeks prior to the event to encourage support of our military and this event. This event is the brain-child of Joy Liptak VanDrie, and supported by fellow downtown merchants and citizens. It is ever evolving, if you would like to get involved in the planning of this tribute, please contact Joy at 231-775-0657.
For event details go to www.cadillacmichigan.com
| Art Festival & Fine Art Fair
July 18-19! - Art, Food, Music & Fun in Cadillac City Park
The Cadillac Arts Council organizations entertain the crowds - starting Friday evening with the Taste of Cadillac food booths. There is music and entertainment of all kinds during the evening on Friday and all day long at the Rotary Arts Pavilion next to beautiful Lake Cadillac. Over 100 Fine Art Booths exhibit and sell juried artwork throughout the City Park.
Go to Cadillac Area Artists Association
| Downtown Sidewalk Salebration - July 25-26
Customer Appreciation Specials & Activities
Enjoy shopping downtown Friday and Saturday, Super Summer Specials all weekend!
If you are interested in vending your product, service, music, etc. at this event please click here...
Lumberman's Duathon & Triathlon - July 27
Cadillac Festival of Races - September 5
2015 is the 43rd year of the 10K, the longest continually running 10K in Michigan. This year we are continuing the “festival” atmosphere established last year with vendors and live music. Come join us!
When: Saturday September 5, 2015 - 9:00 A.M.
Where: Cadillac City Park and Rotary Pavilion area on Lake Street - Cadillac, MI
|LIVE Music at the Rotary Pavilion, City Park - June to September
Mondays – Clam Lake Band…7:30 pm Monday, Rotary Performing Arts Pavilion.
Tuesdays – Jack Pine Pickers, first and third Tuesdays
Wednesday – Gospel music, varies
Thursdays – UpBeat Cadillac with folk, R&B, Jazz…
Click here for entertainment details...
Most all entertainment at the Pavilion begins at 7pm each night, open to the public, donations welcome.
Made in Michigan Market - June to Oct
Click here for the Market Flyer
Every Thursday, 7am – 1pm & Saturday, 8am – 1pm
Located in parking lot between After 26 Depot & Lake Cadillac
Come down before work and at Lunch…support local farmers, crafters, bakers, florist, artisans and musicians…and have a little fun too!
Note: Applications and/or forms are in process. Please call 231-775-0657.
For Market Rules and Regulations click here...
Farmer's Market - July-October
8:00am - 4:30pm Tuesdays & Fridays
(Parking next to AmVets Downtown)
Color Tour Trains
October 3 – Cadillac to Boyne
October 17 – Mt Pleasant to Cadillac, Cadillac to Yuma
Cadillac to Boyne Roundtrip and Cadillac to Yuma round Trip. All boarding in Cadillac downtown at the City Park.
Go to www.michigansteamtrain.org for ticketing and ride details.
Go to www.cadillacmichiganc.com for accommodation specials.
Color Tour Flyer 1
Color Tour Flyer 2
Note: Applications and/or forms are in process 2014. Please call 231-775-0657 if not yet posted for this event.